Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Teleconference on Oct 11

There will be a teleconference for an update on Curiosity's status. You can listen in tomorrow (10/4/2012) via ustream or NASA's audio feed. The conference will start at 1800 hrs GMT. I guess the topic will be about the sampling's progress and how the bright thing from yesterday (which has been assumed by the team to be a piece of plastic material although that doesn't lessen the need for caution) will affect or has affected the plans.

Meanwhile the new semester has begun for me at the university and I'm having fun with pharmacology and surgery! But that also means I'll have to cut down blogging about Curiosity to something more manageable like once a week.

But as long as Curiosity is still roving strong, I'll always be here for a (at least weekly) report.

In the meantime have a look at this gorgeous mosaic made from Curiosity's images over at the planetary society blog. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment