Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Teleconference Tomorrow

There will be a teleconference for an update on Curiosity's status. You can listen in tomorrow (10/4/2012) via ustream or NASA's audio feed. The conference will start at 1800 hrs GMT. I will write something about the conference though I'm not expecting anything new in particular as well as summarise my impressions on the rover's activities since Bathurst Inlet.

P.S. I couldn't help but add this to the conference memo. Here is an image from Curiosity's navigation camera showing the arm stretched upwards poised over the wind drift (now dubbed 'Rocknest') I talked about being a possible candidate for Curiosity's CHIMRA instrument for a scooping procedure. The scuff made by the front wheel I think is a preliminary testing of the drift's consistency. It appears to be powdery Martian soil, nothing too hard for the scoop to handle.
Checking out Rocknest (NASA/JPL)

No comments:

Post a Comment